Thursday, April 21, 2011

Welcome Home, Ginger!

Over the weekend, my dad got a new golden retriever puppy. She's 9 weeks old, and everyone had a really difficult time finding a name for her. Eventually, it was decided that she would be named Ginger.

Excited for the new pup, I got busy right away with making her a welcome home dress :)
I decided I'd make a golden dress for our new goldie!

The dress was made with a knit yellow material with golden mono-filament fibers stitched in. It has a full circle skirt and 3/4 length sleeves. Since it's a knit, it can simply be pulled over the little pup's head.

I finished off the look by adding a light pink satin sash, which is connected to the dress at the back, and ties on the side of her belly.

I don't know how many of you have ever put a dress on a brand new puppy, but chances are good many of you haven't. I've gotta tell you, it's pretty difficult. She kept wiggling away and trying to run around the house. So I apologize if the dress can't easily be viewed in these pictures, but she was a crazy little wiggler! Anyway, welcome home, Ginger! I hope you like wearing dresses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment