Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Spring!


Spring is finally here! It seems like every dress I make lately is one that I want to wear to a picnic or something of that sort. This one is no exception.

I made this dress out of a blue cotton woven that I picked up really inexpensively. I think it ended up costing about $3 total. The bust is shirred at the top and gathered toward the center at the bottom.

Split by a waist belt, the skirt portion has box pleats all around the waist.

The dress closes in the back, with 3 brown and brass buttons with crests on them, which my friend Megan so generously gave me. (I love buttons!)

Here is a picture of the back of the dress. The bodice holds up nicely as a strapless, but I'm considering adding some straps.

The dress is lined with the same material as the self, to give the bodice support and the skirt fullness.

So to add straps or not to add straps? And then, of course, I need to decide what kind of straps they should be if I decide there should be straps. What do you think?

Somebody please plan a party or picnic (or four of each), because I have far too many dresses to wear this Spring/Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment