Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Garden Party Dress

I made this dress one day during spring break. It's a white eyelet bodice with a sweetheart neckline and halter, with a green skirt and straps. The skirt has box pleats sewn in around the waist.

The right side opens with 5 gold buttons with crests on them, and 4 clear hidden buttons below those.

The left side has a mock opening to mimic the right side, with the same panel and 5 gold buttons.


I made the center back bodice with a matching white eyelet puckered, elastic fabric to ensure the dress would fit perfectly. The green halter straps begin where the elastic fabric ends, and increase in thickness until they are unattached from the dress in the front.


I named this dress "Garden Party Dress" because it reminds me of springtime. I can't wait to wear it to an outside party, picnic, or something of that sort.

No comments:

Post a Comment