Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dream Dress: Coming Soon...

(Click the picture to enlarge!)
A little while ago, I woke up from a deep sleep and freaked out. I had a dream I was at a party wearing a gorgeous dress, and I needed to sketch it before I forgot it the next morning. It had a full skirt with pleats, and an intricately folded bodice with a loosely knit layer of lace over top.

The skirt will be made of a thick white matte satin. It will have a bronze-gold flowery pattern on it, which will be sparkly. I'll probably make this pattern myself, so I can have full control of the design. The flowers will be covered in sparkly glitter.

The glitter will be either a darker shade, or a lighter, more golden hue.

This bodice is similar to the one I had in mind. It twists over the bust in the same way, but my version would be more texturally complicated with more twists and folds. You can see this by my sketch. I like the fabric that they used for this bodice too.

These are some other alternatives to the fabric for the bodice. Just like the glitter, I could either go with a more pure golden option, or more of a bronzed gold.

The boatneck lace bodice would be something like this one. I like how loosely knit the web is here, and it's exactly what I had in mind for my future dress. The edges of the neck and armholes would be finished with a crisp white satin binding.
Hopefully I'll run into some money sometime soon, so I can make my dream (literally) into a flowy golden reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment