Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sleeves and Some Ruffles

It seemed like the bodice fell together very quickly. That's not to say though, that it wasn't a lot of work, because it surely was. This bodice is made of a layer of bridal satin underneath a layer of thin organza. Before sewing the bodice pieces together, I had to attach a layer of each together, which was extremely difficult since the organza wiggles a lot, even if its pinned down with all the pins in the world.
I was able to get it all sewn together though, so then I set out to make the sleeve patterns. The sleeves aren't finished here, though. I still need to finish the edge of them, and their shape will most likely change a little bit (they'll probably be a bit more shirred on the bottoms).
So then I began adding the ruffles on the bodice with strips of organza. I always underestimate the amount of work things will take, but wow, I really underestimated how long something so seemingly stupid (just little strips of fabric!) would take. At this point, I was also able to insert the boning into the casings I had constructed inside the lining (which was also attached during this stage).

No comments:

Post a Comment