Thursday, June 17, 2010

Work Shirt

When I started my summer job at a local pizza place, I was given a shirt to wear. The shirt is pretty ugly to begin with, but to make it worse, there were only larges left (in men's sizes). Needless to say, I was swimming in it.

It extended down to the middle of my thighs, and the sleeves went down past my elbows. Because it was so long, I tried to tuck it into my pants everyday. That didn't work well though, because it was also just far too baggy. I basically ended up with a diaper everyday.
I tried to roll my sleeves up too, but throughout the day they would unroll, and get caught around my elbows again.

So, I decided I needed to do something about it. I took to my scissors and sewing machine.


I started by dismembering the sleeves, then I took the sides in, while giving it a more girly shape. I set the sleeves higher up on my shoulder, made them shorter and tighter, and added a little shirring so that they're just slightly puffy. Obviously, I also hemmed it quite a bit.
So, now my shirt fits like it was made for me (basically because it was), and I'm much more comfortable at work
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment